Mini-Sentinel Distributed Database "At A Glance"
As of December 31, 2012
The Mini-Sentinel Distributed Database is comprised of quality-checked data held by 18 partner organizations.
- Over 130 million individuals*
- 382 million person-years of observation time
- 41 million individuals currently enrolled, accumulating new data
- 34 million individuals have over 3 years of data
- 3.7 billion dispensings
- Accumulating over 40 million dispensings per month
- 4.1 billion unique encounters, including 46 million acute inpatient stays
- Accumulating over 52 million encounters per month
- 24.3 million members with at least 1 laboratory result**
* The potential for double-counting exists if individuals change health plans.
** Laboratory results include: alkaline phosphatase (ALP), alanine aminotransferase (ALT), absolute neutrophil count (ANC), total bilirubin, creatine kinase total (CK), creatine kinase MB (CK-MB), ratio CK-MB/CK, creatinine, fibrin d-dimer, glucose (fasting and randomized), hemoglobin, glycosylated hemoglobin (HbA1c), influenza virus (A, B, A+B, and not specified), international normalized ratio (INR), lipase, pregnancy test, platelet count, troponin I cardiac, and troponin T cardiac.