Types of Assessments
Assessments make use of the Mini-Sentinel Distributed Database to describe
- exposures to medical products*
- occurrences of particular diagnoses and medical procedures
- health outcomes** among individuals exposed to medical products
- impact of FDA's regulatory actions and interventions
Assessments vary in complexity. Further information can be found by clicking on the link to each section. Additional information about specific assessments can be found by clicking on the Details link associated with each project listed in the section tables.
* Medical products include drugs, devices, or biologics such as vaccines and blood products.
** Health outcomes include new diagnoses, additional medical procedures, or use of additional medical products.
The information contained on this website is provided as part of FDA's commitment to place knowledge acquired from the Mini-Sentinel pilot in the public domain as soon as possible. Please read the disclaimer.